7/8/07

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I've been summoned for jury duty. I do not have time for this. My doom's day is August 2nd. I can call on August 1st to see if the number they assigned me is going to be needed. I really, really hope not. Meanwhile, we have entered the realm of No Money Whatsoever. There's "flat broke" and then there's us. More like "concave broke." Lots of expenses due all at once: the co-pay for Zinabu's hospital stay, post-placement adoption fees, car insurance, lawyer fees for adoption finalization, etc. I have night sweats occasionally, but overall I try to keep the eternal perspective. We do not "keep up with the Joneses." There is a lot we do without. Compared to the rest of the world, we live in luxury. So we keep pressing on and squeak by for another month. It will get better.

2 comments:

jayme said...

uuuggghhh... I so feel your pain!
Between finalizing the adoption and paying the never ending doctor's bills (not to mention the fact that Jon switched jobs just after we had paid our entire insurance deductible at his old job...) we are broker than broke.

I think your perspective is a good one though. No matter how "bad" things get for me, I must remember that I have food (and sometimes even chocolate) in my cupboards and air conditioning on 100 degree days.

Mamato2 said...

Every time I get called for jury duty, I use the "can't b/c of migraines" defense to get out of it. Now, I DO get migraines, am not lying, but they are few and far btwn, I just omit that one little fact! teehee!
L.
Ethio-journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=32b45f4a567aac1acf0204&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url