12/16/08

Unexpected

My friend B dropped her daughter Grace off at kindergarten today, just like any other day. At noon she got a call her daughter did not feel good. Her daughter threw up in the office right before B came to pick her up. On the way home, her daughter had a massive seizure. She is in the hospital right now where a CAT scan is showing this is probably not epilepsy. An MRI, spinal tap, and EKG followed. We are waiting for results as her sweet daughter lies in the intensive care unit, listless and unable to talk. I kissed my kids extra hard tonight and brushed my hand over their foreheads gently, barely able to hold back the tears... knowing how precious their lives are. How we are not guaranteed tomorrow.

Please pray for Grace.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Of course.

Mark and Sarah said...

Sending prayers for Grace...

Mama Papaya said...

How horribly scary. I will keep Grace and those who love her in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely terrifying. Holding Grace and her family, and yours, in my heart.

Tiny's Mom said...

How absolutely terrifying. I will keep Grace & her family in my thoughts.

Kristin Chadwick said...

How scary, I will be praying.

Christina said...

I volunteer at the childrens hospital here...I think these things all the time. If only we could hold on to that appreciation and love 24/7, we would certainly never get frusterated over the dirty floor from the snow or the hurry of the day.

I will certainly keep them in my prayers.