12/20/08

A List I Can Finish

There was a version of this list in my Real Simple magazine this month, and I loved it. I tweaked one or two items, but for the most part it's the same. I think I can do everything on this list today!!!

  • Hit snooze
  • Shampoo. Rinse. Condition. Rinse.
  • Forget to floss
  • Eat a bagel
  • Forget to put laundry in the dryer
  • Screen phone calls
  • See mailman coming and mentally slap self for still not finishing Christmas cards
  • Put off remainining duties while browsing facebook and etsy
  • Skip pilates
  • Eat a burrito
  • Pick up book on nightstand
  • Read one paragraph
  • Leave eye makeup on
  • Lights out

Don't ya love it?

In random other news, Lily got a letter from someone in her biological family. It is a big deal--not bad or scary, but a big deal. I'm looking for the right time--as it presents itself????--to sit and talk with her, show her the letter, and help her process. If she feels all right with us telling other people then I will share more here. But it's her life and her family and it's her choice.

I am truly considering "locking" Zinabu's hair. His hair is gorgeous! Perfect ringlets all over his head. But they get frizzy and crazy looking when he sleeps on it... so it's in the back of my head.

And the best news ever? GRACE IS HOME!!! She was practically in a coma on Tuesday night and the doctors warned that she might not ever wake up, or talk, or walk again. Not only is she all better, she is home and happy and back to normal.

I love miracles.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Cute list! So so so glad to hear that Grace is all better. Hooray for Christmas miracles! :)

Courtney O. said...

that is awesome that grace is better!!!!!! fantastic.

Kari said...

Glad to hear that Grace is better.

Oh, and a list I actually might want to follow.

Does Z want long hair? He has awesome curls for sure?

whatever_heather said...

So glad about Grace! That's amazing.
I'm with you on the hair. I think both our boys would be adorable with locs. Hmmmm....