3/30/09



Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. Aristotle.

Well, I sure don't presume to be smarter than Aristotle, but I think this is the dumbest quote ever. Why on earth would I want to be married to myself? I'm quite enough to deal with, thank you. I rather like being married to someone different than moi. I like this quote:

Love is an act of endless forgiveness. A tender look which becomes a habit. Peter Ustinov

On March 31, David and I will have been married for 13 years. Lucky, lucky 13. Lucky me. As we have not been in the same room together for the past year, I have to use a photo from last spring, but no big deal. He's still pretty cute.

8 comments:

Bridget said...

Happy Anniversary! :) Great photo! You look very relaxed and happy....a great combination!

Like the 2nd quote, too!

Vivi said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope when you see him again, you'll continue to enjoy him as much as you did during years 1-11. :)

Kacy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Bekka-Reeeeeeee said...

Happy, fantastic, wonderful anniversary to you, Unca David & Aunt Cathy! Hope your next 13 years are just as fabulous! :-)

maxandpidge said...

May you enjoy the many more years to come Cathy and David!! Had a dream about you last night Cathy - painting and getting ready to move. I am praying for u guys in this next adventure and the prep that needs to get down before the BIG move. :)

Courtney O. said...

happy anniversary!!!
i love the quote. an act of endless forgiveness... so true.

Chatter said...

Happy Anniversary. This is a great photo! I love it and I love the quote. Hoping you can steal some time away together :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We all have to say the standard congratulatory words - we try to give them as unstudied an air as possible... (this is a partial quote from the newer version of Pride and Prejudice - our little fam calls it the greasy version, but we still love it anyway!)
However - we are OVERJOYED that you have maintained a lovely marriage for 13 years! I am so glad you are together and happy! (this overworked, over-studied and under-together part of life just HAS to end at some point, right?) May God continue to bless you, Unca David & Aunt Cathy!
We send our love,
Kate - Nate - Isaac - Caleb