3/5/09

Interview With My Child

The following questions have been floating around Blogger and Facebook for a while now, and I have laughed until I've cried reading some children's responses. They are priceless. I thought Zinabu would answer the following questions predictably and his responses would be dull. Boy was I wrong. He did not disappoint. Remember he's my chatty one? At times I had to tell him to stop talking so I could get to the next question. Here is our interview:

1. What is something mom always says to you? Don’t play with my bellybutton. (This was not a good start, in my opinion, as I cannot ever recall saying this to him… ever!)

2. What makes mom happy? Eating fruit

3. What makes mom sad? Punching

4. How does your mom make you laugh? Like when last time you did a really funny thing to me (he cannot speak anymore because he’s laughing so hard. I wait for him to finish and then he continues) I just can’t remember but it was soooo funny (Dissolves into laughter again.)

5. What was your mom like as a child? In kindergarten

6. How old is your mom? “ 37

7. How tall is your mom? Right up to here (pointing to his cheek) on Ababa (meaning I am as tall as David’s cheek)

8. What is mommy’s favorite thing to do? Give me a hint

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Doing computer

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? You’ll be famous for drawing

11. What is your mom really good at? Reading and typing

12. What is your mom not very good at? You’re not good at doing like on the baddest thing or like a skatebord. You really have a hard time. (I had to raise my eyebrow to this one)

13. What does your mom do for her job? Your job? To be the mommy

14. What is your mom's favorite food? Pasta

15. What makes you proud of your mom? When you play

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? I would say… Mickey Mouse clubhouse

17. What do you and your mom do together? Lay down and watch tv (Really? This is all he remembers that we ever do together?)

18. How are you and your mom the same? We both like to work --like I work on doing reading… it was monsters everywhere in my house and you took that back to the library. Why did you do that? (This means he is still very mad at me that the book “Monsters Everywhere” by Mercer Mayer was due at the library today and he has not forgiven me for such a cruel injustice!)

19. How are you and your mom different? Give me a hint....(I give him a look) We have different bodies (Bingo!!!)

20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because you want me to enjoy the evening and the day (What?)

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Souper Salad (I about wet my pants I laughed so hard over this. It’s all about the food with him)

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

That is hilarious. I love reading those. Might have to try it myself!