3/22/09

Choo-Choo


Tomorrow David and Carver are taking a grand adventure together: a trip to San Francisco. David promised each child that when they were 10 years old, they would take a train trip somewhere. They depart from Denver, have a sleeper cabin, and are all hopped up for some male bonding. I am very, very excited for them--especially Carver, as he has not been "super keen" on his younger siblings as of late and needs a break from them. He and David have some great plans for their time together, like biking across the Golden Gate Bridge, a ferry ride, museums, and trolley cars.
I am just now emerging from this blasted illness that turned me into a pitiful lump of pain for the past several days. I woke up yesterday, discovered I could breathe through half my nose, and rejoiced! I tried to do too much, though... I was at Target picking up more of this and that and suddenly hit the wall: I contemplated curling up in a ball right there on the floor. I was dizzy and tired and wanted to crawl back in bed. But today is better and I hope to be 100% tomorrow. I have the loveliest hack. I sound so Charles Dickens ill! But I figure I've earned it.
And what are my plans for the week? Painting. And more painting. Our goal is to put our house on the market May 1, and I have about 5 weeks to clean and paint and get it ready. I promised Lily and Zinabu we would do something fun every day during spring break, but I also told them I would have to work a little each day. They looked at me skeptically, as if daring me to bribe them to be good. No bribes yet, but it is certainly not beneath me.

3 comments:

Old Men Reflect said...

I do remember the lone child trip. Absolutely the greatest thing on earth. Hope they have as much fun as your Grandfather and I did.

Glad you are better;,AND, no more jokes about people with double names.

Mark and Sarah said...

I am a tad jealous of Carver...yes, I'm 30 and still would love to take a 1:1 trip with my dad! How fun. Something he'll always remember fondly, I'm sure. Way to go David! As for you...sheesh lady, you need a break! Call in the...ummmm...your mom?? Bueller? Super Nanny? Somebody! Go get a pedi and pretend you're rich and famous and have not a care in the world. Really, you deserve it. Then come home and paint to your heart's content. :)

Chatter said...

This is awesome!! He will love it and always remember that. I just told hubby about this and we want to do it with our boys. Conner loves trains and would love to do something like this. Funny thing, I asked Nathan what age for a trip with the boys and he said 10! Remind me of this in 6 years Cathy b/c I will forget :). Thanks!
p.s. you going to the chs picnic?