3/17/09

Happy Birthday, Jack and David


My brothers just celebrated their birthdays. They are one day apart from each other. I love them dearly, but when I was little it had to be my least favorite time of year. They each got birthday cakes (or birthday donuts, by the looks of this photo) and gifts and parties. I held it together each year until we sang Happy Birthday to Jack. Then I would bawl. I would be pretty fed up with birthdays at that point. So in our vast collection of family photos, I am crying in all the boys' birthday pictures. Lovely.


Which is why when we adopted Zinabu and we got to "assign" him a birthday, I made sure it was not near anyone else's.

3 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

Hope you're feeling better!
I Love the look on your brother's face...

Old Men Reflect said...

Ouch--At least you just cried, I would have tipped over the table.

Shannon said...

Hmmm....Chloe and Allie are 2 years and 1 day apart, too... I hope Miranda doesn't feel left out when she has to celebrate all by herself!