3/26/09

Hunkered Down
We are awaiting a big snowstorm--typical for Colorado in the spring. And we welcome it, as we have not had a drop of moisture in months. It is so, so dry here. But I did what everyone else in our city decided to do today... go to the library and Target to stock up! The library was actually wall-to-wall people and it took us much longer to navigate the shelves to get what we wanted. Lily was determined to find all the books on polar bears and Zinabu wanted to "help" her. From there we went to Target, which was not as bad but the kids got extremely hungry so I caved and we had lunch. I feel it is my duty to tell you that the soup bread bowls at the Target food cafe are actually good! In an emergency, you know.
I am trying to muster up the energy to keep painting, but there's not much energy there to muster. I'm about half way done with my list, and I feel like just hanging up my paint brush. I did re-do the upstairs bathroom though and it looks quite nice. So, yay me.
My friends Ali and Shannon are supposed to come over for a PPP (Pride and Prejudice party) but if we're all snowed in, I sure don't mind watching a little Mr. Darcy by myself. He's good medicine.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Is it wrong that a stack of library books sends tingles up my spine, just a *little* bit?

Vivi said...

I have to admit, I've never seen P & P, but you've intrigued me. Books and movies...sounds like a perfect snow day to me.

Anonymous said...

V. envious of your P&P party! Hope you get in some mean hands of whist. ;)

Mama Papaya said...

Piles of books and Mr. Darcy. I think you might have found heaven.

Courtney O. said...

yes it's exhausting!!! i have two more days of nearly non-stop painting to get it done in time for Brent to start tearing up the old gross carpet. I am SO SICK OF IT! hope you're getting more done than i am!