10/15/10

Questions/Answers
Tesi, bless her heart, wants to know the answers to the following questions. So I will oblige her. I am way behind on my blogging and it's nice to not have to come up with a topic all by myself. It might also be because I have photos on the camera waiting to be uploaded and the camera is in the car because we went to Carver's orchestra concert last night and I am too attached to my cup of coffee to walk the 20 paces to the door and go out and find the camera so I can post photos of Zinabu's field trip yesterday.

It might be.

1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh golly. Way to get to my inner dark side right off the bat. I recall saying in the last year that as I get older, the more pet peeves I acquire. It's not good. I have some strange ones, but I think the one that gets me most often is people standing too close to me in line. It always happens at the grocery store. The person behind me has their cart pushed up right against my thighs. As I'm paying, the next customer in line is right there next to me waiting for their items to be scanned. I HATE it. LOATHE it. First of all, people just need to be a little more patient in store lines. Second, respect my personal space. Just respect it.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? London, London, London, and London. Growing up we moved a lot, and I've had the opportunity to live in and near many major cities: New York City, Washington D. C., Boston, San Francisco, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Denver. My favorites are the Twin Cities. They're hard to top, and we still miss living there so much. At this point in my life, I'd be happy to get out of the United States for a bit, and London is just so.... London! I told David if Sarah Palin was ever elected President, we would buy one-way tickets to England and get the heck out of here.

3. Have you ever been searched by the cops? As in actually frisked? No. My car? Yes. Our yard? Yes. Interviewed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Absolutely. But my mom reads this blog and I don't want to frighten her.

4. What is the one thing on your mind right now? If I said world peace, would you believe me? I hate this question because I have 6,982 things on my mind right now. Like paperwork, emails, errands, laundry, cleaning, groceries, David working too much, running, trying to be in 4 places at once, getting my kids to follow through, and where to put the rabbits. And that's just in the last 5 minutes. I guess what's been on my mind the most this week is weather. It's been a gorgeous fall here in Colorado, but cold is right around the corner and I'm not happy about it. I'm signed up for a half-marathon in January in Phoenix, and I have to get to somehow keep running early in the morning in snow, ice, and freezing temps. How do people do that?

5. Favorite song right now? The only time I really get to listen to music is when I'm running, so the songs on my ipod are "running inspired." I currently love Pink's So What and All These Things That I've Done by The Killers. It's all about motivation.

6. What talent do you wish you had? Tesi said "singing" and Rebekah said "running faster." They really should have checked with me before they answered that question because those are MY answers. Thieves! If I had to pick something different, I would say the ability to be comfortable around large groups of people, making small talk, etc. I am introverted, and I envy you extroverts who walk into any room and feel not a drop of apprehension. My family wishes I was more talented at cooking.

7. Favorite drink? Hmmmmm. Decaf coffee or V8 tomato juice. And tea. I drink only decaf these days. I was having some heartburn issues, and giving up caffeine and carbonated drinks cleared it right up. I am so geeky to love V8 tomato juice. But I do. Every day for a snack I have an apple and a V8. Yum.

8. In one word how would you describe yourself. Non-confrontational. I like a quiet life, know what I mean? I think it comes from being more introverted, but I detest getting into any kind of disagreement with anyone. I would not describe myself as a pushover, though. I don't like confrontation, but that doesn't mean I can't get into it with someone if it's necessary. Raising three children who have brown skin means I chose a path that includes a fair share of confrontation. It's a part of my life, but I'm not ever going to be comfortable with it.

And how about you? I'd love to know how you would answer these questions. Email me or write it on your own blog!

5 comments:

rebekah said...

You know, whatever we can do to make Tesi happy:)

I have that pet peeve too. But, being slightly less non confrontational than you, I do sometimes do something about it. Like move my children in the offender's way. Or look them right in the eye and say, excuse me. I need to move, they don't know which way I might move, so give me at least 3 inches!

Kris VS said...

I love your answers--especially about the Twin Cities! Just wanted to note that you will need to get over your pet peeve in #1, before you travel to #2. We have found that people in Europe don't have the same idea of personal space as those in the US. Hopefully being in London will be such a delight you won't notice!

hotflawedmama said...

Thank you for recognizing, Rebekah. :) Why do I love reading these so much? Weird.

I'm an extrovert but am super protective of my personal space. So I get that #1 oh boy do I.

Melodie Monberg said...

The only word I have for early morning Colorado runs (which I am SO ENVIOUS that you get to do!) is buy the gear. Invest in some good running tights, jacket and you'll be out there enjoying those trails. Wish I was there to enjoy them too!

Vivi said...

I love reading these things and your answers are very interesting and insightful. You are a very layered girl and I adore you. :)

I also happen to like anything remotely resembling a survey and you may see answers to these questions on my blog someday soon.