10/11/10

Monday, Monday, Monday... Why Do You Hate Me So?

Bronchitis, stomach flu, and bitter disappointment cloud this day. There is a silver lining. I am not one who is sick. I am the cleaner-upper of the vomit, though. It's so amazing to see a child's breakfast going down, then coming back up again in almost perfect form an hour later. Oh, is this too graphic for you? Sorry. It's just routine for me.

I was supposed to be painting the trim around our windows and putting away the patio chairs and sandbox toys for the winter. Instead, I am doing laundry and wiping a brow and listening to my mom try to cough her lungs into submission. But I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I wouldn't have it any other way.

The bitter disappointment I speak of is about the new bunny. Lily bought Carver a rabbit for his birthday--cause that's how we roll around here. I was really pushing for the name Mr. Darcy. Hard. I even suggested Harry Potter. But he went ahead and named the bunny Fred.

Fred.

Cause that's how he rolls, I guess.

2 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

There is so much going on in your house! Thinking of you guys...

rebekah said...

If I saw breakfast come back up my first thought, between gags, would be 'damn, well that's wasted food.'

Hang in there.