10/12/10

I Get To Run

I woke up this morning to fierce wind, overcast skies, and freezing rain. Not exactly the ideal running weather. So I waited until this afternoon and headed to the Y to run on the treadmill. I am not a fan of the treadmill. It's mind-numbing and artificial, and there's usually some big buy next to me snorting and sweating profusely, completely ruining the zen atmosphere. As I was 30 minutes into feeling like a gerbil on a wheel, I saw a man in a wheelchair using the weights. I immediately thought of this article. And instead of saying, "I have to run on the treadmill" I switched to "I get to run on the treadmill." Because I need to be more grateful for what I have. Like legs that work.

A few less "have to's" and a lot more "get to's" make me a better person.

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

So true, perspective can be a humbling thing.