9/11/08



In keeping with my deep love for romantic dramas from the BBC, I finally had time this week to watch North & South--and by having time I mean I didn't do the laundry or cook and I went to bed very late. But what are food and sleep and clean socks when the BBC offers such a masterpiece? Oh my romantic! Mr. Darcy, move over. Make way for Mr. Thorton. This story is much grittier than P&P, but still filled with dark-haired, brooding, and misunderstood heroes. The tag line on the back of the DVDs describes North & South as "packed with passion, tensions, class warfare and smoldering sexual energy."
What more could you ask for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it that one of the best movie kisses of all time! I love this series too!

Anne said...

Yes!! Have you tried Cranford? I think both North and South and Cranford are Elizabeth Gaskin stories.

I recently watched the BBC Sense and Sensibility which was wonderful -- I liked Emma Thompson's version but thought the casting was a bit off. This one is fabulous.

And I recently saw Daniel Deronda (BBC). Also highly recommended!