4/25/08

Thinking of Last Year

One year ago I posted this:

I am one of those freaks that is somewhat anti-cell phone and doesn't feel the need to have one. But I tell you, today I am singing the praises of technology because I just spoke with Zinabu on the phone. David called me (on our $4.99 a minute) international phone, and Zinabu is with him now at the guest house. David has full custody and the boys are together in the room. All through our brief conversation, I could hear Zinabu in the background babbling like a normal 3 year old boy. In fact, he was talking so fast, so loud, and so excitedly David and I were laughing till tears were running down our faces. Such joy! David put the phone up to Zinabu's ear and I said, "Selam, Zinabu! Mommy!" I heard him scream, "MOMMY."Okay, I am ready for them to come home now.

It brings back memories I can hardly describe, and the knowledge that we are just days away from our one year anniversary of bringing Zinbau to America is wonderful. I'm looking for a specific video to post and will hopefully get that uploaded in a day or two, but for now I am just goofy happy that we can celebrate this milestone!

6 comments:

Chatter said...

I totally remember when you posted that. Has it really been one year? Wow! Congrats on a wonderful first year :)

whatever_heather said...

I remember that, too! What a year. How freaking blessed and lucky are we?? Z is the bomb, and I really like his mama, too!!

Stacy said...

I remember too! WHat an amazing year and an amazing boy!

Deirdre said...

Me too! I remember your forum post about David and Zinabu's first meeting and how wonderfully heartwarming it was. So happy for you all!

whatever_heather said...

By the way, did you ever get a cellphone? ;)

Mama Papaya said...

Darn those allergies. Happy year to you!