5/18/09


*this photo has absolutely nothing to do with my post, but I just love it! many thanks to anne who turned me on to the White House photos on flickr.

Still Hoping...

for the house to sell, that is. It has been on the market for 17 days (as of today) which is really not very long. It just feels long to me. I am so ready to move I can barely contain it. The kids are ready too. I hope to meet with the contractor today to talk about getting the new flooring/carpeting in and the walls painted in the kids bedrooms a.s.a.p. As soon as that's completed, we can start moving our things over. Living here (in our current house) is fine but our hearts are really at my mom's and waiting is no longer exciting. It's just plain grueling.

We had three showings yesterday. One I don't know anything about yet but our realtor will give us an update today. The second showing was great, but our house was the very first house they had looked at and they have to sell their own house before they buy anything. So unless we want to wait for them to make an offer in December, we'll keep plugging along. The third showing had the most potential. A recently divorced man who has been renting but is now ready to buy. He has custody of his kids on the weekends, so he brought his kids along and according to early reports the kids loved it! If the children could have made an offer, they would have. The dad was concerned though about fitting his king-sized bed up the stairs and finding the right wall for his gigantic plasma tv and shelves. But his kids were literally begging. It was sunny and warm yesterday, and because we live across the street from a large park, they were salivating at the thought of "all this someday being theirs."

So pray for Divorced Dad #1 to want to do whatever his children want. And pray he'll just figure out he can buy a smaller bed and new furniture if he wants.

3 comments:

Chatter said...

Bringing in potential buyers is part of the process. Sounds like you are doing fantastic in that department. Best of luck!!

Vivi said...

Three showings is fantastic. I'm hoping this goes QUICKLY and you can get settled in your new place. Seventeen days is a short time....but OH SO LONG!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

I can not imagine having to keep my house clean for 17 days with kids- nice work:)