5/20/09

lucky, indeed!

Funny how I was joking about the lucky shirt, but something went right yesterday. The couple that loved our house after seeing 9 others put in an offer late yesterday. It's a decent offer, especially given the market right now. We shall accept and if all goes well we can close on June 30. Perfect, perfect, perfect! Oddly enough we have another showing this morning at 9:30, which we will keep just in case. And I'll clean the house, I really will. But I don't feel the need to be obsessive-compulsive about it. What a great feeling. Extra bonus: Lily got herself some new shorts so she doesn't have to wear sweatpants to school today.

9 comments:

KC said...

That is so exciting!!! Yeah! I'll be praying for everything to go smoothly.

Kacy

Mark and Sarah said...

THRILLING!!!! What a HUGE relief, I'm sure. here's to hoping you get to take it easy for awhile. Goodness sakes, you deserve a break!!! I say you boycott cleaning for awhile.

Melodie Monberg said...

WOW...that was fast. So glad for you...crossing my fingers and toes until the inspection is done and you've signed the papers!

Melodie

hotflawedmama said...

Yipee! that is GREAT news! Can't wait to see the "Sold" sign in the yard.

Good luck with all the fixtures, not a fun process but what a great outcome!

P.S. Your word verification this time was "up his", which I thought was funny and worth noting.

Stacy said...

awesome!

Vivi said...

Hooray!!!!! All of your hard prep work paid off and I'm wondering if you'll come do your super powers cleaning job on my house?!?!?

I am SO excited for you and hope the whole closing process is smoooooooooooth. You might just want to wear that shirt 24/7 until the final i is dotted and t is crossed. :)

And Lily's got shorts to boot. All in all a good day.

Chatter said...

WHAT???? That is awesome, awesome!! It sounds like you guys had a great location (next to school and across from park). I am so HAPPY for you. I bet you are feeling wonderful :). That's so exciting!! Looking forward to hearing it's officially SOLD.

Deirdre said...

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you! Seriously, was that 18 days? In this market? You must have REALLY cleaned well!

Mama Papaya said...

Oh my WOW! What a gianormous relief. Go shirt!