5/8/08

This Makes Me Feel Better


I was invited to Carver's 3rd grade classroom for a Mother's Day Tea today. Without knowing about it, Carver paid $1 of his own money to help contribute to the cookies, he wrote an essay on why he loves me, and made the sweetest memory jar with slips of paper inside on which he wrote memories of things we've done together. I loved every single minute of it. Here is his essay, in case you can't hear him...

These are the reasons why mom Mom is special to me. First, she loves me. She makes my lunch for me every day. She spends time with me. I also love her. Next, she buys me things. She buys me toys. She buys my clothes. Also, she buys me candy. Sometimes. Last, she is a great cook. On my birthday she made me cheeseburgers. I love cheeseburgers. She makes good grilled cheese and quesadillas. I think she is special. So you can see I love my Mom.

I come across a little bit like Santa--you know, with the toys and candy. And have I ever once bragged about my culinary skills? Snort! You know I haven't. I LOVE a 9 year old's perspective.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

sweet!!!

Deirdre said...

Okay, that totally choked me up! What a wonderful boy. That must have made you feel so good.

jayme said...

Awww, that made my day. You've got some pretty special kiddos, and they've got one incredible mom!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Ooops...I speed through and read it thinking it was Z that wrote that...it was carver....equally as sweet and lovely!!!