7/4/11

Beautiful
I just had one of the best weekends ever. We all took a chance, threw caution to the wind, and gathered from all over the country to spend the weekend together--having never met one another. I loved every minute of it and wish I could do it again next weekend with all the same women. It was amazing. I love them all so much. A huge thank you to each and every one of you who came. You are so beautiful--inside and out.
I invited Colin Firth, but he was a no-show. Probably for the best, because there
was a lot of female body talk.

Hiking in the heat.
They hike in skirts. Aren't these women so fabulous?

The kids table. I need a putty knife to clean the floor, but it was so, so worth it. There were
only 10 of them, but the had the exuberance of 100.

Lunch!

Happy kids and happy mamas.

A lot of laughter.

A lot of sincere joy.

This one gets framed!

This one too!

A little blurry, but there were college plastic cups with wine and $50 worth of candy involved.

I {heart} her so much. She is amazeballs.
A new tradition. Remember the yard sale extravaganza with my children? I snuck the ship replica/art/kitsch/awfulness into Deirdre's car before she drove home. She has it now. I can't wait to see who gets it next or how. Look out!

9 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

ahhh I cried at all of these! I want to do it again this weekend.

Thank you, thank you for everything, especially listening to me talk nonstop from Colorado Springs to Denver. :)

And I LOVE the new tradition!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! So glad you had the company each other if just for a weekend:)

Julie said...

Awesome! What a group!

Chatter said...

Ahh... such wonderful memories with such beautiful & insightful women. I miss the fun already. Thanks SO much Cathy! You are such a gracious host and your family is fabulous! Much Love. C

Mark and Sarah said...

What a great recap, Cathy. You failed to mention that you and your family were the most incredibly generous hosts I've ever met. Inviting 20 people into your home to take over all of your bedrooms, invade your space and do it all with the hospitality you only read about, was such a gift. I had a weekend I want to repeat again and again. See you all next year!

jayme said...

Oh Cathy, Thank you! Thank you for hosting all of the awesome madness. Thank you for taking such incredible care of all of us. Thank you for being such an inspiration as a woman, a mother, a wife, and a friend. Thank you to your wonderful husband for opening his home to a bunch of women you met on the internet! and being such a warm, gracious host. And thank you to your beautiful, sweet, smart, fabulous children, whom my kids have not stopped talking about. I can only hope that my kids will grow up to be as nice and thoughtful as all three of yours are.

I'm not sure what I would do without the remarkable community of women I've met through adoption, but I am positive that I am a better person all around because I have the privilege of knowing all of you!

fiddlehead said...

Oh my....this is fab! I am so green with envy, but mostly happy, happy you all had a weekend like this. How amazing it is to surround yourself with mamas like this!
this is my first visit via "HotFlawed Mama"....glad I found another ET Mama out there!
Take Care-Jennifer aka "fiddlehead"

M and M said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh, I love you all and so missed being part of that woman body talk!!!! Who is next? I'm not missing it.

rebekah said...

I am finally home and came straight here. You guys are really the best hosts, and that includes your kids. Lily has a special place in my kids' hearts. Dagem cried and pouted when we left. Even the promise of candy wasn't enough to distract her. She knew what she was missing!

I am so thrilled to finally meet you - the problem is, now I just want more! You are always welcome here!