3/1/10

This and That
I am beginning to feel really sorry for myself. Not only is it possible to get the same stomach flu twice (oh yes it is--living proof right here) but my 6 year old has eyelashes to die for. What 6 year old boy needs eyelashes as thick and long as Zinabu's? Can I somehow harvest them? Pluck them out in his sleep? What a waste of beautiful eye fringe.


The dog gets to spend his days lounging in the sun and making mopey eyes at me. I've decided that's what I want to be when I grow up. A dog. A dog who gets to sleep in sun patches and make mopey eyes at people.

Meanwhile, February is over and gone and my Acts of Kindness trickled down to a pathetic drip. There was no kindness to be found while leaning over a toilet, losing 24 hours worth of dietary sustenance. Or the next day. Or the next. But other than the horrible digestive parasite, I enjoyed challenging myself to being more "aware" of being kind. For example, there were three separate occasions where I found myself grabbing runaway grocery carts in the parking lot and pushing them to the place where you're supposed to leave your carts. I can only imagine how annoying it must be for the cart person to go out to the parking lot on any given day and find that their job is 6,000 times more difficult because all the shoppers are too dang lazy to put their carts away. Another kind act I performed was going through the drive-thru at Starbucks and paying for the person behind me. That was the most fun. Just randomly making someone's day. Try it sometime. You'll like it.

I was hoping to have a new challenge for the month of March, but until I get my body back to "food in, food stays in" I'm not setting the bar too high.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

So sorry to hear you are sick I again. Not fun at all. Laying here sick myself. Dreading the reality that I need to teach tomorrow. :(