12/26/09

Merry Christmas!

All the mess, all the drama, all the hyperactivity, all the sugar, all the wrapping, all the batteries, all the assembly.... so worth it! I learned a few things this year. I learned that the messes are worth it and truly letting the kids pick out what they want to give to each other (not what I want them to give to each other) brings the most joy.


Cookie decorating. Look at those smiles? Worth the mess.


Zinabu's reaction after opening his present from Lily. Pure joy. Worth every minute she spent at the store agonizing over what to choose.


The annoying, musical electric guitar Carver picked out for Zinabu. Zinabu's favorite present. He slept with it last night. Worth it.


All Lily wanted for Christmas--crutches. Found them after digging through several thrift stores. She hasn't put them down yet and will probably develop blisters on her armpits sometime today. But worth it.


Living with my mom and being together on Christmas morning. Worth it!

2 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

I'm loving the crutches! Wish you would've told me, I have about 3 pair laying around and my family went to CO before Christmas, could've just swung them by. :) Merry Christmas!

Vivi said...

I'm excited for the day when the kids can choose presents for each other...fun that you did that. And I can't even tell you how awesome it is that you relentlessly hunted down crutches. Awesome. Looks like it was a great day.