7/29/09

It's All In A Name

We recently had dear friends visit (whom I adore so, so much!) and because we hadn't seen them in 3 years, they had not yet met Zinabu face-to-face. We keep in touch through email and our blogs, so Annamarie was surprised when she heard me say Zinabu's name aloud. It occurred to me that I need to give a phonetic pronunciation of Z's name. The emphasis is on the second syllable: zi-NAAAAAA-boo. It isn't ZI-naboo. So I'm sorry if I've had you all reading and pronouncing his name wrong for the last 2.5 years.
What's on my plate today? Well, David is in Breckenridge for 4 days so I am supremom on call. I also get to keep the dog from licking his nether regions for the next few days while he heals from his surgery. I'm thinking cereal for dinner.

3 comments:

Old Men Reflect said...

Not a problem. I thought his name was, from the Native American:
He who talks. Which always emphasizes the second syllable.

hotflawedmama said...

I just laughed at "Old Man Reflect"'s comment. That's just hilarious. I love Zinabu's name!

Good luck with the dog thing. Mine wouldn't stop so we had to get one of those neck circle things. Classy.

Cereal for dinner gets such a bad rap. I'm a fan.

Vivi said...

I was totally saying it wrong in my head every time I read it - thanks for the tutorial. I bet Annamarie ADORED the kids. I hope you guys had fun.

Cereal = yummy dinner, easy for mom. Had it for dinner last night myself.