7/17/09

It's been very Four Weddings And A Funeral around here. Lots to celebrate and also some tragic news.
  • My birthday was very uneventful and proved to me that I do mind getting older, even though Oprah keeps telling me I shouldn't care. David bought me presents from England. Went to Amazon UK and paid in pounds (recalculated to dollars). He is fantastically brilliant and had my birthday gifts shipped across the pond straight away. Oooooh, he's just so lovely.
  • We had air conditioning installed, which doesn't matter much to me but David is quite over the moon about it. He's a happy man, and thus he does nice things like let me go see
  • the new Harry Potter movie. Another cause for celebration! All of you who don't care, just go away. But for me it was spectacular. I need to see it about 16 more times in the next few weeks.
  • And finally, we are winding down the baseball season. Zinabu had his last game and Carver's team has one left. Lots of good memories made and many fun evenings spent watching the great American pastime.
In sad news. a dear family friend that I have known since I was 7 passed away today. From Melanoma. He was my age and leaves behind a wife and 5 year old daughter. His mom, Bev, is my mom's best friend. It was a horrible death. Completely disgusting. As awful as you could possibly imagine.

I am tired of cancer.

4 comments:

Deirdre said...

Oh Cathy, I'm so sorry. I'm sending my warmest thoughts to you and his family. My mother died of melanoma, and I know just how brutal it is. Damn cancer.

Vivi said...

Sounds like there are some fun things going on at your house - love that David got you a bunch of stuff from those bloody Brits. :)

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Taz's Mama said...

i heard the new Harry Potter wasn't that good for people who've read the books. i'm going to see it on saturday but with skepticism. i didn't like the last one. but i'm a huge fan of the books, so, my standards are pretty high.

Kristin Chadwick said...

I am so sorry to hear about your good friend passing today. You know I ache for you in this sadness. Love to you dear friend and to her family.