- Moving. I hope to never, ever do it again.
- Carver's insatiable desire to build things. He actually walked into the room and asked, "Mom, can I have some wire cutters?" My friend Annamarie was with me and she can validate this.
- Getting a dog. Yes, I like the dog. Yes, I'm glad we got the dog. But the first 48 hours about killed me.
- Hearing "Mom, I'm bored" exactly 11 seconds after we walk in the door after playing like crazy at the playground.
- Large spiders.
- Shaving my legs. I mean, if I'm wearing a bathing suit I can only expect so much grace from society at large.
- Going from the warm outside into a store with air conditioning cranked up so high I need wool socks to keep frostbite off my toes.
- Looking for appropriate sandals for an 8 year old girl that are neither a) high heeled b) Hannah Montana themed c) bedazzled or d) trampy. I'm still searching.
Things I Will Miss
- Sitting by the pool, drinking iced tea, watching my kids act like dolphins.
- Putting the kids to bed when it finally gets dark (10:00 pm) and smelling summer in their hair.
- Going barefoot.
- Watching Carver build things, sans wire cutters.
- The excitement of a new house and new beginnings.
- Cutting up watermelon, dumping pretzels in a bowl, and calling it dinner.
- Late night chats with David while he watches baseball games and pretends to hear me.
- Hearing about my kids' experiences at camp.
What about you?