8/1/08


Weary... but getting there. The running, that is. I have always loved to run, but I make the mistake of quitting each year when it starts to get cold. It is hard enough to crawl out of bed at 6 am and do 3, 5, or 8 miles when the birds are chirping and the sun is shining. It is near impossible to do it when it is cold, wet, and dark. That's part of the reason I am going for the Denver half-marathon because it is in mid-October. That will keep me running through the fall, for sure. Now I just need to find a race/event for January or I fear I'll give up again come Halloween.
I love to run first thing in the morning. It clears my head, it wakes me up, and despite everything else that may happen that day, I feel as if I've accomplished something. Now that August is here, my training will start to get a bit harder. Short but hard runs during the week, with distance runs on the weekends. I'll try to add a mile every weekend, so that by the beginning of October I will have a 13 mile run under my belt. I am injury free so far, but I'm not holding my breath. My knees always give me trouble and I suspect that at some point I'll need to take a break. Till then, I'll keep on keepin' on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cathy--you are impressive. Great work getting up at 6am voluntarily when you have 3 very energetic kiddos that provide you no rest during the day (and a small business to boot!). Your feet are lovely though...they don't look tired or cracked (like mine!).