10/14/07

Loser!

That's me. A complete idiot. It was my turn to bring snacks and oranges to Carver's soccer game this weekend, and we got there... just after the game ended. Everyone was gone but the coach, and I wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. I mean, really, how bad of a parent are you when you can't even get to a soccer game at the right time???? With the snacks??? Carver was sad and I was humbled. I had to look him in the eye and tell him I had messed up royally. He cried. I cried. It would have made good soap opera material. Maybe next week we can actually get to the game at the correct time. Yeah... there's a good idea.

The weekend wasn't a total bust. David's sister came to visit. Or perhaps you already heard the screams of "YAY! AUNT DIANA!" coming from our house. She has been a very special part of my life and the kids' lives these last 10 years. Not to mention she traveled with David to Ethiopia to get Zinabu. She was impressed with Z's English--especially one of his favorite words: disgusting. He still says it, mostly, because it's so fun to say. I was just happy to have Diana here. She's a night nurse and I like to say, "I don't know how you do it." I have three kids and she likes to say to me, "I don't know how you do it." So we're good for each other that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy-you are NOT a loser. We have all done things like that! I remember a few years ago when I was supposed to read a story to my daughter's class and I completely forgot. I felt horrendous! (I don't know if I felt better or worse when I found out that the other parents had forgotten, too- noone showed for 3 weeks in a row!) Everyone has a story along these lines...

Glad you had fun with your sister-in-law!

-Lucinda

Jim Casperson said...

I never make mistakes. You must be related to my sister.