5/10/12

Right now I'm watching Zinabu trying to get the dog to smell his armpits.

I'm not joking. Apparently, we're so hard up for entertainment around here that body odor is the new cable TV. I am slowly coming out of my three week quarantine. Turns out I was blessed with a sinus infection and I've got the antibiotics to prove it. Today was the first day in a looooong time that I got up and accomplished more than sucking on cough drops and watching old episodes of Glee. 

The school year is fast coming to an end. Here in Colorado we start early and get out early, which is awesome for family vacations. We can hit a busy city at the end of May before the crowds of June and July really make their appearance. But for now we are up to our necks in end of the year everything: teacher appreciation, orchestra concerts, PTA brunches, meetings, graduation planning (for David), and field trips. It feels as if it is May 65th instead of May 10th. All of us being sick for so long makes the month feel extra draining.

Still, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am keeping my eyes fixed on it. We're almost there--almost to summer. Let's par-tay.

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

almost to summer. yippee!