11/9/10

I've Got A Golden Ticket
Don't you want a Golden Ticket? If you're reading this, consider yourself an honorary recipient. I'm thinking about next summer. The summer of 2011 when we are having a blog/reunion/campout/whatever here in Colorado. I'm a tad jealous after reading about another blog par-tay. I won't name names, but Bridget and Rebekah know who they are.

I've done some research on my end, trying to find a campground that would suit every one's needs and wants. Some of you tent it like Eagle Scouts, others of you think living out of a suitcase is roughing it. I thought the Y family camp had the best options, but I didn't like the idea of some of us in cabins, some of us on the other side of the property in tents, and others everywhere in between. It's pricey, in high demand, and overwhelming to think about booking all that--not knowing how many of you are coming and how much space we'd need, etc.

So here's the deal. Please come. All of you. No restrictions. We'll figure it out. I have a friend who has a teeny tiny cabin where we could gather, so we'd all be on the same property in the mountains. But if some of you were willing to come without kiddos we'd have more room for more people. Not to say that kids aren't welcome. Absolutely. But I'm also being realistic. As in, there-is-only-one-toilet realistic. And if all else fails, everyone can come to my house. We have more than enough room--it's enormous, and that's one of the reasons we moved in with my mom. To take advantage of her space.

So if you want to come, start telling me now what weeks WON'T work for you. I'd love to shoot for the first week of July, but I'm open.

Now go admire that Golden Ticket.

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Wooohoo!!!!!! Cathy! Ask and you shall receive. That's what I keep sayin' to everyone who keeps saying "jealous." Jules asked. I boarded an airplane. You asked. I will drive South for an hour and a half. Or West. Or North. Or where ever you end up. AWESOME! I may (and this is where I even gasp a little bit) MAY be home with a new baby in the early summer of 2011...so I may have to kinda/sorta play it by ear....CRAZY, huh??
But, otherwise- I am SO there!! I love you and your golden ticket, too!

Deirdre said...

It goes without saying, right? The last two weekends in June wouldn't work for us, but otherwise we're around and ready to organize! I'll start seriously brainstorming too, but I agree that it will be hard to get into too much detail until we have a good headcount. Can't wait!!

jayme said...

I will be there (probably with my kids). I cannot wait. July is good.

hotflawedmama said...

I would be there. Without kids. First week of July works for me. :)

rebekah said...

First week works for me, and maybe us. Just gotta work out the details. Good timing, cause I am knee deep in planning a long sit down in August away form home. Don't want to miss this!!!

Woo Hoo!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

WOW this golden ticket is intriguing, especially since we don’t really even know each other. Through reading your blog I’ve realized that we have a lot in common; tea drinkers, running, reading, kids, etc… I always thought we would get along just great if we lived closer but recently I learned that I’m your “worst nightmare”. That’s right, I’m a Packer fan. I live in Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m not sure where that leaves our relationship…

Also I'm thinking Old Man Reflects needs a personal invite to your little gathering. His comments always seem to scream, "I'm fun and looking for a PARTY!" I don’t usually read comments on blogs unless I’m writing one but I always go to your comments to see what sort of wisdom Old Man Reflects has on the current topic.

Christina said...

I'd say the odds of my being able to come are about 10%, given some personal stuff that should be happening early to mid 2011. But I'll let you know a firm answer as soon as I can. It would probably just be me. :)

Chatter said...

I definitely want to be there but it all depends on the weekend for us. We are going home weekend 2 & 3 to visit family in July. The rest of the summer is pretty well empty. Hope we can make it work!!

Mama Papaya said...

:) Just me unless it turns into a family affair.