2/13/12

Valentine Party
Zinabu's second grade teacher opted to have the class Valentine party on Friday instead of tomorrow. I don't blame her. Those kids were so excited they could barely sit still. And with all the sugar in the classroom, it's no wonder she wanted to just send them all home for the weekend. The kids had a Valentine box competition, where they decorated their own boxes and displayed them. Totally unfair, as it was completely obvious which moms decorated boxes for their kids instead of letting the poor kids do it by themselves. Zinabu, the minimalist, drew red lines on glued a few hearts on his box. "Do you think I'll come in first place, Mom?" he asked. Ever the optimist.

Why does he still hate when I try to take his picture?

He's getting tired of me.

Waiting patiently for his teacher to say, "Go!" See his box? Plain and simple, yessiree.

Go!

Zinabu is still enthralled with American "holidays." All the hoopla and candy. It's like he can't believe his own good fortune to have landed on this planet.

Z's classroom. Controlled chaos.

My valentine.

And the sugar kicks in.

5 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

I love him. What a great kid. And seriously, that's how my valentine boxes looked always. And frankly, would still look. Love to you all.

Courtney O. said...

the picture that you caption with "he can't believe his good fortune" made me cry I was laughing so hard!

Rachel said...

Okay picture number five made me lough out loud in a room full of people. He is so freaking cute. Love it.

Mama Papaya said...

Oh, do I recognize the look of the newly sugared child. And oh, how he makes me smile.

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Love the pictures! Happy Valentine's Day!