9/4/12

September
What???? September?
A little bit of info on me. My favorite season is summer, hands down. I do love fall--the colors, the crisp air, the events like back to school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, pumpkin patches, apple cider, soup. What I do not like, though, is winter. I hate the days getting shorter and the freezing air. I hate when it's dark outside when David leaves for work in the morning. I hate when it's dark outside when we come home from after-school activities. I feel like the walls are closing in on me--literally--when I can't open the windows to air out the house or go outside for an after dinner game of basketball with Zinabu. I hate that all that is right around the corner. It's making me feel claustrophobic already.
So we will make the most of the next two months, with hikes in the mountains and playing outside. Outdoor fires and football games. All that and more.
I've got to find a good half marathon or 10k to sign up for, so I don't succumb to my usual "oh, it's dark and cold out so I won't exercise today," which repeats itself over and over again until the next thing you know David is having to talk me down from ice cream binges and sweat pants. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

3 comments:

Melodie Monberg said...

Do the Pueblo half marathon the second week of December! I'm doing it...it's fun...super great run, great community, localish and CHEAP!

Laura said...

Totally agree. I hate winter, too!!

hotflawedmama said...

with you on all that except signing up for a marathon or 10K. ;)